Temple of Doom inconsistency

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Movieman from ham-on1-32.netcom.ca on January 19, 1999 at 21:03:52:

Have you ever noticed that when Indy goes to get the Sankara Stones and Willie and Shorty are left on that ledge - a Thuggee pops up and there's a big struggle but you can clearly see Willie escaping. Then 3 scenes later we see her captured...I find this very annoying because I know that they filmed more scenes here - where she goes back to her room to talk to Chatter Lal only to find out that he's in on it (which would have been more dramatic anyway)

Also a scene is missing in which Shorty is on his way to rescue Indy from the "sleep" and he is cornered by a guard - Shorty's only weapon around is a torch so he uses it and burns the Thuggee only to find out that fire wakes people up from the "sleep" This is why he uses the torch on Indy - it makes more sense this way - otherwise he's just burning Indy for no reason!

I think these scenes were in the original script as they are found in the novelization...Maybe because it was a long time ago - but it feels like I actually saw these scenes - but it's probably just my imagination after reading the novel!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]