only if we let it

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.170 on January 25, 1999 at 11:33:09:

In Reply to: The Indiana Jones Universe is dying! posted by Senor Palomar on January 25, 1999 at 11:14:21:

I agree with a good chunk of what you say, but there are solutions.

1) There's more fun coming -
Although I had mentioned being ready to post it some time back, I ended up revising a the majority of my contributions to the 'Golden Death' story and tweaked a couple others (after having notified the authors of my intentions on this page). I'm in the homestretch now (it's grown quite a bit longer than I expected) and I've tried to deepen the story a bit and capture some of the flavor we all like. However, I realize this is easier said than done, and to a degree the success of my efforts and those of the other contributors will have to be judged by the rest of you. I'm pretty happy with it in any case.

2) Look to yourself as a source -
If, as you say, the fan fiction isn't up to a standard you're happy with, feel free to contribute. Nobody knows better than you what would meet your acceptable criteria.

3) Encourage more submissions from everyone -
For me, I'm happy to get Indy fiction where I can and milk it for whatever enjoyable moments or images there are. To anybody
with a story out there, I say bring it on!

Have a good one,
walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: