Re: I know about Indy 4: The Lost City of Atlantas

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David from spider-th052.proxy.aol.com on January 28, 1999 at 23:27:25:

In Reply to: GOING OUT WITH A BANG! posted by INDIANA GJR on May 24, 1998 at 23:58:04:

I work as a golf pro at a golf course in LA. About a month ago two huge actors came into the ninteenth hole after a round, and sat down at a table near where I was sitting at the bar. I won't name these men by name, but one is a three time Oscar winner (He's "As Good as it Gets") and the other is a huge British star who has worked with Steven Speilberg before, (I hear he's a real "Avenger" on the golf course.) Soon another actor came,agian, no names, but he was in both Taxi Driver and Resivor Dogs.
The first two men started telling the third about the movie they just finished, quietly at first, but soon (as the waitress continued to pour the bourbon) they began to speak louder.
It turns out that they are both in Indiana Jone and the Lost City of Atlantis!
Here is the plot as they discribed it: The movie opens with an action scene that, supposebly, puts the big boulder thing from "Raiders" to shame and dosen't stop from there. Indy finds the Lost City of Atlantas and then finds his long lost daughter (Wynona Ryder). But there are two rival explorers who've also uncovered the location of the city. One of the explorers (Demi Moore) meets Indy and anouces to him to him that she is going on an expedition to uncover the city. At this point we are introduced to a Nazi (a certin British actor who also played a Nazi in Schlindlers List but lost the Oscar to Tommy Lee Jones)who has also discovered the city and is on a quest of his own with Denis Hopper, another American who found the city. (It must not have been that hard to find, all these people seem to know where it is).
Of course (at the urdging of Army captian Nicklous Cage) Indy is forced to co operate with Demi Moore's charecter (it's a love hate realationship, by the forth reel they're gettin' it on, of course) and go on the expetedition, and of course his daughter tags along and of course the army sends a liason along (Matt Damon).
I listened very intentley to this conversation about the film, not believing what I was hearing. This was incredible. There's even more incredible information. Lucas wrote the screenplay, but F-ed it up so bad that Speilberg nearly abonded the project before Hopper sugjested the best writer he knew to do a re-write. That's how Quentin Tarrintino came to re-write the thing and that's how the movie took on it's aparently dark tone and why Indy di....uh...I won't give that part away. I will say, it sounds as thought this will deffantly be the last installment to the series.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]