Whip Ordering

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Schulte from ascend31.extern.uni-essen.de on April 09, 1998 at 12:18:06:

Hi,

I always liked the Indiana Jones Movies. My personal favorite is 'Last Crusade'. Well, I've started my own Indy collection some time ago. At the moment I'm awaiting the arrival of my 'Raiders'-Jacket from England. I think this forum helped me a lot with my decision. I'll post a small message when I get it whether it's good or not.
Well, I'm really interested in buying the original Indiana Jones whip from the David Morgan store and learning the art of whipcracking. I already contacted him and he told me that the whip used in the movies was the 10ft. version. However, he recommended the 6ft. or 8ft. version first because they are easier to keep off the ground.
Now I've got some further questions: Isn't it possible to learn with the 10ft. whip as well and is the whip really worth the money? 300-500$ is quite expensive, isn't it? Another question is, how tolearn whipcracking. By video or with a book? I'd really appreciate your help...

Thanks a bunch,

-Max

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: