Re: Indy Online-Only Game... publisher???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from 216.32.185.198 on July 07, 1999 at 13:26:42:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Online-Only Game... publisher??? posted by Jeff-1 on July 07, 1999 at 11:41:43:

: I remeber reading something about how the developers of Xwing Vs. Tie Fighter were asked if they would want to do a massively-multiplayer (I don't care much for that term) version of the Star Wars universe. They replied by saying that they would want to, but the techonology isn't quite up to what would be required to pull it off. Seeing how the new Star Wars games are selling, I think LucasArts would get the invested money in doing something like that. So I guess it's more of a question of everybody's bandwidth (or lack there of), than if their capital is enough.

Yeah. If LucasArts develops an online game, they would probably make a Star Wars one before making an Indiana Jones one. I'd like see them make both! :)

: : As a side-question: Who (besides myself) would actually play this game if it ever did come out? :D

: I would! But who gets to be Indy? :)

Me! :D

Just kidding. Probably no one player will be Indy or any of the established characters (i.e. Sallah, Brody, Marion, etc.), but sometimes one of the LucasArts sysops would pop in as Indy or whoever once in a while.

As for those of us playing the game, we could choose a career (like archeologist, detective, gangster, daredevil pilot, mercenary, or countless others) and develop our character from there. :)

How does all that sound?

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: