Re: Cooper vs. Wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Jones from 209.37.101.35 on July 31, 1999 at 08:37:09:

In Reply to: Cooper vs. Wested posted by Johnson on July 31, 1999 at 07:48:22:

It is my understanding that Wested is the original designer and maker of the jackets for the movies. Cooper made a licensed reproduction to go along with the release of Last Crusade, but they did not make them for the movies, nor did they ever claim to. I believe I still have the bochure for the Cooper. I also believe Disney is selling the Cooper jacket today. I know they were two years ago, because I saw one in the Indy stor. I have had mine since Last Crusade. The Cooper is cowhide, very thick and durable. However, the aging process has made it fade to a shade far lighter than the real Indy jacket. Don't get me wrong, I love my Cooper Indy jacket, but it is not an exact replica. Go to the Wested website and also check out the Indygear website. The real Indy jacket is a thin durable lambskin with subtle differences in where buckles, pockets, etc were placed. I am waiting for my Wested right now. Regarding hot weather, my Cooper is just fine. The open sleeves and waist allow you to wear in anyting other than real hot weather. I live in San Francisco, and wear it all year long. It is my undersanding that the Wested is even better for hot weather due to it being a lighter leather. I want to stress that lighter does not mean weaker. Lambskin is a very durable leather. I hope this answers some of your questions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]