Not quite in "Superman"!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on August 05, 1999 at 15:30:32:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones and Batman?!!? posted by J on August 05, 1999 at 07:58:04:

: I don't think the reason that Eckheart is seen wearing a fedora has much to do with "Indiana Jones". I think its because in the original "Batman" (and to some extent in the sequels), they were trying to give it a 30's-meets-modern look where most of the time, the movie seemed like it took place today but some of the characters and settings looked like they came out of the 30's or 40's (around the time the "Indiana Jones" movies were set). I believe the first two "Superman" movies did the same kind of thing.

No, the first two "Superman" movies were definitely set in the era that the films came out... the late 1970's (well, part 2 actually came out in 1980, but still...). Some men wore fedoras then, but the fedoras were much different than in the 1930's & 1940's (different shapes and sizes, different looks, etc.). :( You'll see the same thing in some of the early "Rocky" films.

In the original "Batman", though, the movie did set out for the 30's/40's-meets-modern look, as you've mentioned. :)

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]