What I wished would've happened with "Young Indy"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on August 16, 1999 at 01:04:10:

Back when I first saw a commercial for "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" I was pumped and ready to be blown away on a weekly basis by this. It looked like it was gonna be the greatest adventure ever put on TV. Of course the reality was very different. By the end of the first episode I was disappointed. The series was long on implausible cameo appearances by every historical figure of the early twentieth century and short on fun and adventure. This is what I would like to have seen.

Have each season concentrate on one adventure that is broken up into chapters like the old serials that Indy is based on. End each week with a cliffhanger so that we're primed for next week's show. Goose up the action parts and ditch the historical lessons.
Give Young Indy a formidable adversary, maybe even Young Belloq, and take the adventure to all the corners of the Earth. Introduce a love interest whose loyalty is questionable. A girl who seems to play both sides and who only shows her true colors at the end.

How does that sound???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]