Re: I've found a hat shop that says they can dye a fur felt hat. I'll keep anyone who cares posted (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-55.COL.cableone.net on January 04, 2000 at 05:22:29:

In Reply to: I've found a hat shop that says they can dye a fur felt hat. I'll keep anyone who cares posted (nm) posted by Patterson on January 03, 2000 at 19:20:02:

: : What's the deal? NOBODY offers the "American" version of the Akubra Bushman in a decent color. Of course, I could always order the Australian version and tell everybody that the Hovitos nailed me with 4 darts. Man this bites. I begged ol' David Morgan to find me a Bushman in a darker brown and they told me "they couldn't in case it wasn't right, they couldn't exchange it."

: : Now I got e-mails out to every Akubra distributor from here to the Sudan. I've seen sites in a dozen languages, I know I'll have to pay customs, don't know what I'll end up spendin', it's a fear. With any luck....I've gotten a reply already.

: : Austin....Danger Powers

Yes, both of you guys keep us posted. Iam really interested in seeing what that Bushman looks like hat in hand with the modifications completed. If it lives up to expectations, I may very well buy the lighter one from Morgan and have it dyed. Ireally do like that darker brown. To some this would seem like a lot of trouble, but I really get into doing things like this, kinda of like a hobby. Heck, the search for the ultimate fedora is fun to me. What is so weird about all of this is why is a higher crowned fedora so hard to find in the right color? (and yes I know about the HJ, it's just too darn expensive!) So the search goes on. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]