An ideal Indy IV would be Impossible! :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from wic1dl-8.up.net on December 11, 1997 at 13:49:57:

In Reply to: Re: An ideal Indy IV would be what ? posted by Brisco on December 11, 1997 at 13:13:15:

: : I am currious as to see what everyone wants in the fourth
: : Indiana Jones film ?

: : I myself would like, another teaming up of Jones Sr. and "Jr"
: : more with Sallah, and bring back Marion !!!

: Yeah, I agree with you about Sallah and Marion. Marion was by far the best of Indy's women, and she is the one he should end up with, IMHO. I certainly hope Sallah will be in it! As much as I love Connery and Henry, Sr., though, I kind of think that's been done, and I'd like to see something new now. (NOT a new evil little Costner-brother. No more family members!) A cameo by Connery would certainly be cool, though. The other problem with bringing him back is that while nine years ago it was believable that there was more than an twelve year age difference between Connery and Ford, that's a lot harder to swallow now that Ford's starting to really starting to show some age. (Devil's Own was the first movie I really thought he was starting to look old in.) Ford still looks great, as does Connery; they both aged very well, but it's just not as easy to pretend that they could be father and son anymore. I don't know, that's my opinion anyway. But the number one thing I want to see of Indy 4: I JUST WANT TO SEE AN INDIANA JONES 4!!!!!!!!! Please, Lucas, make it happen soon!
: Brisco

The most imortant thing to me would be having Marion back. Sallah would be cool, but I don't think it's necessary, especially because another "regular" character (Marcus Brody) obviously won't be in it. Henry Sr. could have a cameo appearance, just to show that he and Indy keep in touch now after Last Crusade, but I really don't want to see another big adventure with "Dad." As Brisco said, it's been done. As far as the story, I'm curious what the rest of you would like to see - should it be a "typical" Indy adventure revolving around a Christian religious artifact, or should it be a total departure from that as Temple was? If the fourth film resembles Raiders and Crusade, then Temple is really going to seem like an odd film, almost like it doesn't belong. Then again, if this is the last Indy movie, wouldn't you want to see it go out with a "Raiders-feeling" movie? I still think Raiders is the best of the series (and one of the best films ever made, too,) and if Indy 4 could somehow recapture that more serious feel I think it would be great.

And the title: If they could logically work "Raiders" into it, instead of "Indiana Jones" that would be cool, too!

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]