Star Wars has more of a story than Indy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from 98CC3ED6.ipt.aol.com on March 16, 2000 at 18:47:51:

In Reply to: 15% for Indy....About what I expected to see... posted by Brian K. on March 16, 2000 at 15:57:42:

I'm a SW/Indy fan and I really don't care if they make another Indy film or not. Star Wars has a story to be completed, and I'd rather see a story completed than another story which doesn't even have a plot yet. After all, neither did the Indy trilogy we know of now is tied up with eachother unlike Star Wars. Star Wars started from a point that was tied up and had a backstory to be told. Indy's was already told with Young Indy which has more shows/movies than Star Wars, and Star Wars deserves to have it's story told as well! So occupy yourself with Young Indy. And you know what: I don't think Lucas really has a script. He started on the Ep I script in I think 1994 or '95 and he went through quite a few drafts. Now through all that he's been busy with telling a story that deserves to be told to fill gaps and complete a tale, where with Indy half his life has been covered in books, comics, Young Indy movies/shows, three movies, and role playing games/Video Games. Star Wars has a gap to be filled unlike Indy. I'm not saying I wouldn't want another Indy, but it wouldn't bother me if there wasn't another Indy. I'd be just as happy as you if there was, but I'm not hopefull for it. I'm not missing out on a tale like Star Wars. BTW, you mentioned that Theforce.net is an Indy vs. Star Wars site. Well it's not because they have miscellaneous things on Indy and they even said, "What other Lucasfilm projects do you like besides Star Wars and INDIANA JONES" as a poll, so obviously they like Indy a few feet below Star Wars. It's just a poll with deciding between two things. Be lucky they thought about Indy. See ya, Shorty.
"Sorry, I fell asleep eating my pastry." -Mike, MST3K.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]