Re: do i even dare say...?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from dval4.nque.com on July 07, 1998 at 17:18:44:

In Reply to: do i even dare say...? posted by nitzsche on July 07, 1998 at 13:14:26:

: I might stand alone in this regard, but I felt Sean Patrick Flannery did an excellent job portraying Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford is an excellent 'finished product' of the character with a few minor developmental opportunities (Last Crusade), but Flannery had greater opportunity with the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles to deepen the character and find a well-rounded portrayal of Indy as he became what Harrison Ford portrays in the movies. Flannery did't do a mimic portrayal at all. His was given the opportunity to deepen the character considerably, giving us a solid backbone for the character. It didn't seem to me he was stepping on Ford's toes at all. When I watched YIJC, i felt is was Indy in those situations, with all the same quirks, not necessarily the same mannerisms--if you think about it, some of those mannerisms Ford has coined, he's used for other characters...different topic...

: Anyway, I'm just saying I'm very optomistic about Indy IV; Harrison's age has no relevance in my mind--Indy is human, he ages and changes over time. I hope we get more solid confirmation of the 4th installment. It would also be great if they decided to continue the saga with Sean Patrick Flannery in earlier stories/adventures about his college days, Ravenwood and Marion, etc. There's so much they could pull off....

: Thanks for listening

: --nitzsche

I haven't read the other followups to this post, but I totally agree with nitzsche on this one. I was really surprised that no one in this thread had even brought up Flannery until now, because I think he did a terrific job in the tv series. Even if Ford decided not to wear the fedora a fifth time (don't forget his five minutes in "Mystery of the Blues"), I'd still be VERY excited to see an Indy or two or three starring Sean Patrick Flannery. Then there would be a Ford-Indy trilogy and a Flannery-Indy trilogy. And that would be okay with me.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]