David Morgan Co - A big fat fu@&ing rip-off!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust215.tnt2.beaverton.or.da.uu.net on September 14, 2000 at 18:20:05:

Hey all...

I don't know if anyone cares, or if I'll be attacked for slamming the company, but I had to share this with all of you....

My wife ordered some replacement whip crackers for me last week. She was charged $3.50 for the crackers, and *$6-freakin-bucks!* for postage. Now I understand that "shipping and handling" means some of that $6.00 is applied to the actual shipping cost, while the difference is applied to paying the grunt to stuff them into the mailer box they are sent in.
HOWEVER, when we rec'd the mailer, the ACTUAL postage was only $.55!!!
They charged us $5.45 to stick this tiny little bag into the mailer, and have the local mailman pick it up.
THEN, to add insult to injury, when I called to complain, I was passed on to a supervisor who's basic response was, word-for-word,

"I will not adjust the shipping charge. You're out of luck with me."

GRRRR!!!!!

I calmly (and man was THAT ever difficult!) explained that we were first time customers, and also LAST TIME customers, and would let anyone I could think of know about this, he responded "Well, I'm sure that will help YOUR reputation." and he then hung up on me.

Now let me clarify my position by saying that, after having owned my own business, customer service is a real pet peave of mine. I may have let it go, and chalked it up to a learning experience if they were NICE about it. But MAN, am I MAD!!

I'm not calling for a boycot or anything...just a heads up on their shady business practices.

Thanks for reading all....

Indiana Jimmie
"It was my..*looks at crotch*....misunderstanding." - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]