Also, don't we first see the island base through the sub's periscope--so it was submerged? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Freudenthal from ws126-252.critz.msstate.edu on September 22, 2000 at 18:58:33:

In Reply to: Re: HOw does Indy hold his breathe on the U-Boat in "Raiders?" posted by Doc on September 22, 2000 at 13:37:54:

: : A friend and I have been having a debate over this. To me, it looks like it doesn't go under water. At least not all the way. Whatta you guys think?

: : Dr.Jones

: Okay, here's the deal:
: German U-Boats always ran on the surface unless they were in a combat situation. They were faster on the surface because they could use their diesels, (unlike today's subs which run faster submerged), and could more easily exchange the air within the sub for fresh air outside. So why didn't any German sailors see Indy hanging around on the outside of their sub? They wouldn't have climbed down from the conn while the sub was in motion, for fear of getting washed overboard. All Indy had to do was hang on to the base of the sail, and the Krauts wouldn't have been able to spot him. My question is: How did Indy get off the sub when it arrived in that James Bond-style cave without being spotted?

: -Doc

: p.s. - My German ain't great either, but the "sub montage" in the film IS a diving procedure. So much for continuity.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]