Re: When is Lucasarts going to make a Dark Forces-type Indiana Jones game?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Dentman from hsregn709.sk.sympatico.ca on January 04, 1998 at 23:18:17:

In Reply to: When is Lucasarts going to make a Dark Forces-type Indiana Jones game? posted by Even Flow on January 04, 1998 at 19:32:15:

: They could make it about Roswell and have Indy go on board a space ship and battle aliens on another planet. He could build a laser bull whip from the alien technology and save the world from doom like Bruce Willis did in the Fifth Element. Getting Indy off of Earth would really pump some exitement back into the old franchise cause you can only search for so many lost ancient, religious-oriented artifacts. Does anybody like my idea?

Wow.

I think that idea actually caused a mild stroke.

Now, while I will say that a 1st person game would be great, and I have nothing against lasers and aliens...
Yeesh. I'm trying, but the words aren't coming.

Ah. I know how to properly sugarcoat this.

Don't worry, Evenflow! You apparently like Indy for the action and his detective skills. For something similar, try playing Jedi Knight. Investigative puzzles, daring feats of skill, a rugged wardrobe, world-saving, and a laser bullwhip. It's everything you want!

As for what I want, well, It's basically more of the same: Two-fisted archaeology, but that's a bit too cerebral for a shoot-em-up. I'll wait for the sequel to Fate of Atlantis.

The Dentman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]