On jackets, acetone, and achieving the look...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from falcon.goamerica.net on March 24, 2001 at 12:28:57:

It has been a hectic week, and I've only just read through some of the strings I've meant to. MK's post on aging the goatskin, and the dialogues that followed really brought home one of the great things about this hobby - the broad range of perspectives and tastes, of couse is the most obvious. The really cool thing for me, though, it when somebody comes along with an idea, perspective, and talent to take us to a new level. MK is a professional at achieving a desired look by manipulating color and tone. I'm sure not going to argue with him on how he does that - I've seen the results and they are outstanding. Previously, we'd see posts about sandpaper, steel wool, whatever. These techniques actually removed leather and could damage the stitching. I get the impression he's seeing his jacket as being really a "canvas", and I look forward to seeing the finished work of art. Maybe then I may think of following with q-tip and acetone to my chrome goat. Until then, I'll continue with the only skilled way at my disposal - I'll just wear them and distress them naturally. There's lots of ways to skin a goat.

Just some things I wanted to say.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: