Re: False claim

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hoth from 1Cust53.tnt2.tulsa.ok.da.uu.net on April 03, 2001 at 15:00:19:

In Reply to: Yep... posted by Patterson on April 03, 2001 at 13:34:14:

: I have to admitt I do not agree with that portion of the copy. To be fair, it was the original goal to source all original materials, but functionality and durability was given priority when it came to materials. Again, they would have had to find cheap aluminum zippers if this were the case. The materials FS uses are superior to anything I've seen on a Wested, irrespective of Peter's comments to the contrary. I've held both in my hands, while I would venture Peter has not. Making statements without knowledge as to their truthfulness with the intent to profit? I think my law professor called that constructive fraud? It's been a few years - Mr Wax, can you correct me if I'm wrong?

: The jacket speaks for itself. Read the guarantee. If you buy one and are not happy, they'll make it right - up to giving you your money back. Who else is going to do that. Hell, just get some leather samples from them.

: Regards,

: Patterson

Regardless if it's a great replica from a great company with great customer service, it still doesn't give any more authenticity to the statement. It's no different than what you've been complaining about Peter doing, only it sounds like you're letting it slide because you're happier with the FS jacket and the company. Of course, the people on the forum know better, but what about the people who stumble across the site that have no clue of the jacket's history? Look at it from a neutral POV- it's false advertising that's no different than the Wested description, and it's there for the intent to profit as well.

Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]