FS Lamb Showing Wear

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupJJ233.mpls.uswest.net on April 19, 2001 at 02:15:40:

I've had my lambskin FS Expedition for a little less than a month now, and I'm happy to report that it's already showing signs of wear. Granted, the wear isn't very noticeable yet, but it's a start.

I wore my lambskin Wested for 2 years straight and I was always disappointed in its imperviousness to aging. When I received leather samples from FS I immediately tested their "distress factors" hoping to find a leather that would age relatively quickly.

I took each leather and wrapped it around my finger, then I proceded to scuff it with a pocketknife file. Considering that fact that lambskin and goatskin were the only feesible choices drapewise, I concentrated mainly on them. The lambskin took a little scuffing, but showed wear pretty quick. The goatskin, however, took a hell of a lot of elbow grease just to create visible wear. And the color underneath the top dye didn't jive with me at all. It was a grayish-white color and looked odd.

Anyway, I liked how the lambskin faired in my distress test, so that's what I specified when I ordered my Expedition. Some people may like the goatskin's unwillingness to age, but not me. I want my Indy jacket to look like Indy's, and without having to wear it for 50 years to achieve that look.

Austin Powers

P.S. The level of wear that my Expedition now displays was achieved in three weeks. The same wear took probably three MONTHS to appear on my Wested.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]