Re: A FULL CIRCLE CHARACHTER

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark from C1123-215.dialup.autonet.net on October 15, 1998 at 21:31:57:

In Reply to: Re: A FULL CIRCLE CHARACHTER posted by INDIANA GJR on October 15, 1998 at 18:32:19:

Well, I'm going to have to agree with the latter. I really liked Last Crusade the best BECAUSE of the personal aspect of it (I'm 33 so I remember them all), basically I think Lucas did this to show that Indy was not just a puzzle solving two fisted fighter, but to show a meaning behind all of this, that he was a real person with real personal problems (which basically became a challenge in itself for him to overcome). Lucas did this with Star Wars as well- only a little bit earlier in the trilogy. In Jedi, Luke had to overcome the personal dealings with his father (a slight cooncidence perhaps?)which I think is the best Star Wars movie as well. To end the trilogy with Indy overcoming his personal probs and their lifelong search for the grail, made Indy victorious overall. Otherwise, he could have continued on, making Indy go on one search after another, again and again, just repeating itself, only with a different objective, and making people wonder- why?? Is there a purpose behind all this, or is he just another mindless John Rambo character?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]