Re: What does Peter B. mean in his post below...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris King from gra-b.demon.co.uk on May 29, 2001 at 03:32:25:

In Reply to: What does Peter B. mean in his post below... posted by schwammy on May 29, 2001 at 01:08:15:

Hi,

I think that Peter has solved the problem with the action pleats / side vents on his revised jacket. I presume from his comments that he is not using "silly knicker elastic" on his solution.

The "pointed collar straight out of a shirt box" is because the tips are too pointed in his (and I must admit my) opinion. I remember Patterson saying that he had asked Flight Suits to make the tips more pointed because that's what he thought they should be like. I think he said the original jacket was like that too, however, I can't find any photos from the movie that shows the collar like my Flight Suits.

Referring to the snaking zipper, this means that the zipper track doesn't lay flat or in a straight line. I know exactly what he's talking about here becuase my Flight Suits zipper is a big wavy line from top to bottom: I don't disbelieve him or wish to discredit him,

Regarding the x-stitched straps and d-rings, I'm not sure about the x-stitching because I don't think there is a single shot in the movie where you can make these out, but I think Patterson said that the D-rings and rectangular rings were both seen on screen, so this is just personal preference.

My Flight Suits jacket also had a storm flap that was only an inch wide instead of 1.5 inches. This was apparently a mistake, but not one that I would have expected.

Just my opinion and answers to your questions.

Kind regards,

Chris King.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: