Would-be Indy fans

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff from ppp-207-193-2-70.kscymo.swbell.net on October 30, 1998 at 17:14:29:

In Reply to: Bone to pick with would-be Indy fans posted by nitzsche on October 30, 1998 at 16:11:22:

I think you have hit on one of the key points in the series, it is all about the character, not about how he shoots his revolver 8 times and you only see him load once. People (including some of us die-hard fans) get to knit-picky about details. Try to look beyond the flaws, and remember the feeling you had in your gut the first time you saw Indy. My favorite moments are:
1. When Indy is just about to be crushed on the conveyor belt and at the last moment he regains conscience and really lets that Thuggee have it in TOD.
2. After Indy is dragged behind the truck and climbs back into the cab; the look in his eyes of pure rage as he sends the Capt. to face the same fate.
3. In Crusade, when the bullet kills the driver of the tank and Indy narrowly escapes being smashed into the wall, the same look when he climbs back up to nail Vogel.
These scenes, no matter how many time I see them, always raise the hair on my neck and give me goosebumps. That is what I like about these movies, the feeling I get...Not finding out who makes his shoe-laces or what kind of robe did he have on in the Venice Apt. and so on...
Groo Slices and Dices Regards,
Jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: