Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip226-s13.inetnorth.net on November 01, 1998 at 10:01:18:

In Reply to: Raiders of the Lost Ark posted by ericao on October 31, 1998 at 23:24:42:

: Okay, I have no idea what's going on this forum concerning Jeff and Michaelson, but I do know that both of these guys are very good writers who post intelligent and interesting. . .posts. Post (verb) posts (noun). That just doesn't sound right to me. ;) Anyway, yeah. . .I just got done watching Raiders of the Lost Ark on Halloween night on like TNT or something. I have no idea why they would play that on Halloween night, but I didn't care. I adore that movie.

: Now, I know that I'm an Indiana Jones freak, but even if I wasn't. . .I would literally have to admit that Raiders was one of the greatest movies of all time. Does anyone else agree with me, taking into consideration that I'm hypothetically speaking from a non-fan frame of mind? Raiders is just so incredibly well-done that I can't help but consider it to be one of the best movies ever.

: peace
: ericao

I can't agree with you more. But try telling that to anyone born a few years after it's release. Right now they're all caught up in this film called "Titanic" which won original screenplay, despite being based on "A Night to Rememeber"

"Raiders" is the all-time greatest adventure film. It has everything from action to comedy to outright horror. I hesitate to say the greatest movie, simply because is was inspired by so many other greats. But it is my all-time favourite.

Well, that's my two bits for now. If you wanna instigate a very interesting arguement, just tell me "Titanic" was a good show

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]