Hamburger Hamlet/Williams Night

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 15, 2001 at 13:50:41:

My wife and I traveled to the heart of Hollywood. Great crowds were already gathering for this evening’s performance. As we entered Hamburger Hamlet we could not miss the mural of our hero that took up a whole wall. We quickly hailed by Rundquist, Indiana Jun and party. We discussed gear and soundtracks as we partook in good food and drink. Lee Kepler was well represented. Two out three hats were his make and he had a monopoly on bag straps. I inquired about Dr. Jones. Indiana Jun and Rundquist exchanged concerned looks. They explained that he had set out on a perilous journey and was returning from parts unknown to meet with us. He was long over due. He toasted to his heath and success.

After dining, we decided that it would best if we split up. With Dr. Jones still missing, foul play could be afoot. We agreed to take separate paths and rendezvous at the Bowl. My wife and I took a taxi in case our car was being watched. After several cars tried to ambush us we arrived at the Bowl. We chose a high point in the facility, so that we could see danger coming from afar. After what seemed a long wait our spirits were lifted to see a pair of brown fedoras making their way through the crowd to us.

Still no sign of Dr. Jones.

With our friend still at large, a search party was formed. I held back to hold down the fort. It was not long before three fedoras were bopping through the masses. Indiana Jun and Rundquist returned with our esteemed Doctor.

John Williams and orchestra gave a delightful performance. Williams’s compositions inspire a wide range of emotions. From the subtle and thought provoking A.I. to the dynamic and noble Jurassic Park. Nostalgia filled the air as John conducted Superman and E.T. With the play list fulfilled, he took his bow and exited the stage. Yet no one was going to let him off that easy. He returned to great applause and the crowd roared at the opening bars of Star Wars. Listening to such classics in an open-air venue on a superb California’s summer night is truly magical.

John took a second bow and Indiana Jun just about took for the stage. It was all we could do to hold him back. He was bellowing “RAIDERS!!!!…YOU CAN’T LEAVE JOHN!!!… I believe Mr. Williams heard Jun. He didn’t even make it off the stage before he came back to the podium and lifted his baton…da,da,da,tum…da,da,da,tum…

Well…I am sure you know the rest.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]