Indy Figure license doesn't belong to Hasbro anymore... (I think)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vogel from spider-tp013.proxy.aol.com on August 18, 2001 at 05:23:38:

In Reply to: theraider.net's Action Figure Petition posted by Sean on August 17, 2001 at 07:22:26:

Hey,

I know in '84 when Temple of Doom came out, the Action Figure license went from Kenner(Hasbro) to LJN. They made the crappy 5 inch figures with the "battle-matic" arms and stubby legs.

Then earlier this year, Applause put out the Disney Indy Figures based primarily on the "Epic Stunt Spectacular" moreso than the movies. This explains the reasoning behind which Vehicles were produced as toys. Maybe it's a license strictly with Disney... but the packaging does have Harrison Ford's likeness on it so who knows?

Regardless, I don't think Hasbro owns the rights to make the figures anymore(but I really wish they did.) The new Star Wars figures look incredible and they are certainly more posable than the Mcfarlane stuff! Anyway, In my humble opinion I'd cast my vote for Hasbro, but I doubt it'll ever happen...

-Vogel

PS- Everyone go out and buy the "GOONIES" dvd coming out this tuesday!

: Hey Gang:

: I'm not trying to de-rail them at all, I applaud their efforts, but does anyine besides me think McFarlane's company isn't all it's cracked up to be?

: Granted, I own a couple Austin Powers figures, Michael Myers from Halloween & Ash, but I wasn't WOWED by them. I moved Austin Powers' arm ONCE, and the damn thing went loose.

: I know they have great sculpts etc...but take me back to the glory days of toys when scuplt didn't matter, it was all about playibility.
: I mean, Hasbro (I think)still has dibs on an Indiana Jones line, and I think their Star Wars line is a perfect size for display, "playing" and potential vehicles & playsets. McFarlane could NEVER produce a Well Of Souls playset in scale. Anyone doubting Hasbro's ability need only check out the latest pictures they relased of their Star Wars line - they're dynamite!

: Not only that, but McFarce...lan...drives "collectors" (aka Deranged Fan Boys) nuts with variants and stuff...I can just see it now!

: "Oh my God, does anyone know where I can get the variant Indy with the olive green MKvII as opposed to the tan version? Help me, or I shall surely perish!"

: Just me 2...well, more like 3, cents worth!

: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]