But at what expense?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 11:57am :

In Reply to: But fellas... posted by Jimmie from 12-224-222-144.client.attbi.com (12.224.222.144) on Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 11:30am :

Of course we'd love to see a digitally remastered version in the theaters, but if they go the way of the PC thought structure, Indy is so non-PC, the movie will make absolutely NO sense. I mean, it's ridiculous now concerning the appearance of any form of possible 'violence', that even on the Disney channel they're getting ready to show a program about an all girls rifle drill team that uses dummy rifles for their routines. Throughout the entire commercial, in big bold letters at the bottom of the screen, states 'NO GUNS WERE ACTUALLY USED IN THE DRILLS IN THIS MOVIE!' This is TV! WE know that! Film producers think that the masses are so mindless that unless they do revisionist history, we will revert to our cave man days and run wild in the streets! If we accept the remastered version in a PC correct format, and put monies in their pockets just so we can see it, we give them the message that this is indeed acceptable, and what will be next? As far as I'm concerned, rock bottom will be hit when we see in the credits 'No animals were hurt, no elbows were skinned, no guns were seen or even mentioned, no weapons of any kind were used, no raised voices were heard....etc. in the making of the film'. Come to think of it, we ARE returning to the days when I grew up watching the test pattern, listening to the tone while waiting for Capt. Kangaroo to come on. It was about as interesting as what ever PC correct film would hit the screen. Sorry to ramble. This practice is just a sore spot for me. Regards. Michaelson

: As stated in the article, wouldn't it be BRILLIANT to have the Raiders score in a digitally remastered version? It could mean, at the very (marketing) least, a rerelease of the Raiders soundtrack...perhaps expanded even more...?

: It was only a bit, but I wanted to draw attention to it anyway, as I personally would LOVE to see a remastered print in the theaters again!!

: Just my two cents,

: Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com