You can attach ANYTHING to ANYTHING

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 26-208.colcpe.cableone.net (24.116.26.208) on Sunday, April 07, 2002 at 12:34pm :

In Reply to: Re: Easy there, Brett--that was sort of a low blow. posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.179.240.87) on Saturday, April 06, 2002 at 10:42pm :

: Yes, you're right. Slavery wasn't the only issue on the plate during the Civil War. I'm not a huge expert on the conflict as of right now (love to watch those battles play out in "Gettysburg" and "Glory" though), but a lot of the fighting also had to do with economic and fiscal disputes, no?

: But it always makes me queasy to here somebody express affection for the Confederate flag, since that flag is a racist flag, pro-slavery and KKK's and neo-Nazi's always rally around it. And that just plain disgusts me.

: And I also still consider you a good guy, Jake. No offense was taken.

...and if it makes you ill to see a piece of history, you need emotional help. Really, if you would take the time to really research history, you might discover that there were a myriad of battle flags(and that is all the stars and bars was). That racists and neo-Nazis use it to promote hate is far from its original purpose. It is part of my history,as my ancestors fought in that war. But like many things that we rant about, most of the ranting comes from complete ignorance, and you are a great example of that. I really wish you would research a bit more before you make sweeping statements. And if you buy into what is supposed to be common knowledge, well, ignorance does have a propensity, for gathering in minds of the young. There is a huge world out there, it is a shame you know so little of it. Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com