All things considered, you're right.....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from evrtwa1-ar8-4-65-016-050.evrtwa1.dsl-verizon.net (4.65.16.50) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 6:27pm :

In Reply to: Let's try that again posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.194.18.73) on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 5:12pm :

...and I have absolutely zilch to try to say otherwise. I was working on the established remarkes, mannerisms, etc...I had wondered myself a couple of times why he didn't more readily accept things, given the course of ToD and Raiders, and even the YIJC's....

Here's something I just thought of......maybe, in Raiders, that crack was his way of hiding his FEAR. I mean, as I said above, if I'd just lived through all of that the year before, maybe I'd be scared silly.
Also, I'm not much of an historian, but from what I understand, that period was sort of a "manly" period for men. Marcus, being the older, wiser father figure, is trying to sort of impart his wisdon through the use of advice, where Indy simply puts on a "tough face" to hide his fear and concern that going after the Ark, no matter the significance, might turn out to be another ToD. Hmmmm....

Man, this discussion has really set me to wondering on the true motivations of our favorite hero!

Later,
Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com