Re: Chapter 14 of the Egyptian Escapade

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from 138.87.169.47 on June 24, 1999 at 09:24:48:

In Reply to: Chapter 13 of the Egyptian Escapade posted by Tessa on June 23, 1999 at 20:04:18:

Chapter 14
They sat in the compartment as Kate asked,
“Well, Indy, where’s is he going?”
Before Indy could answer, Elsie said, “El-Minya.”
“How do you know?” Kate asked.
“I am the expert of Akhanton,” Elsie said, “El-Minya is the site of where Akhanton built the temple of Aton, the sun god, when he moved the capital from Thebes. He created a new city, Tall al’ Amarinah, to honor this god. After the Akhanton died, the religion died with him.”
Kate looked at her with astonishment as Elsie said, “Didn’t you study the material on Egyptology in college?”
Kate was ready to reply as Indy waved his hand and asked, “Omar plans to revive the Aton religion?”
Elsie nodded, “He plans to go to the temple, have a ceremony to retrieve the power of the disk in his body and overthrow the government.”
“We’ve just have to get to the temple first,” Indy said and looked at Kate, “Do you have anything on you?”
Kate pulled out a gun from her purse and said, “I gave Elsie my pistol.”
“Where did you get that?” Elsie asked.
“I have my ways,” Kate shrugged as she put the gun back in her purse.
Elsie shook her head and Indy smiled a bit. He laid back and said,
“You don’t know who we really are, Elsie.”
“Sure I do,” as she pointed at him, “You’re Indiana Jones, famous archeologist and she’s your wife.”
Kate laughed and said, “Well, one out of two is not that bad.”
“Sorry?” Elsie asked.
“Let’s just say,” looking at Indy, “I have my ways to get anything I want, sometimes when I don’t want it.”
Indy grinned at her as Elsie was clearly confused as they planned out what to do at the temple.

Omar sat in his compartment, looking at the disc. He was patiently waiting to arrive in El-Minya when one of his men came in and said,
“Sir, Dr. Jones and the captives have escaped.”
“They couldn’t have, Mohan.”
“Someone saw Jones at his friend’s house just an hour earlier.”
“He couldn’t have caught the train,” as he settled in his seat, “Come on, fortune and glory awaits us!”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]