Chapter 13 of the Egyptian Escapade

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from spider-te074.proxy.aol.com on June 23, 1999 at 20:04:18:

In Reply to: Re: Chapter 12 of the Egyptian Escapade posted by The Man with the Hat on June 23, 1999 at 18:43:11:

Chapter 13

They all arrived at Sallah’s house by horseback. The boys ran inside as soon as Elsie helped them off the horse. Indy helped Kate down gently as Sallah came out and said,
“Indy, I’m so glad you made it back alive,” then saw Elsie and Kate, “Good heavens, are you two alright?”
“Nothing two aspirins and a hot bath can cure, Sallah,” Kate said.
“Take care of them, Sallah,” as he started to leave, “I have some unfinished business.”
“Indy…” Kate started to say. Indy gave her a quick kiss on the lips and said, “I have to do this. I’ll be back.”
“And I’m going with you,” Elsie said.
“Me too,” Kate said.
“This is nuts,” Indy said, staring at them, “You’re both hurt…”
“So are you,” Elsie reminded him.
“I can handle myself.”
“And we can’t?” Kate asked.
“You,” pointing a finger at Kate, “should stay here and recover. Same with you, Elsie.”
“But Indy…” Elsie started to say.
“No,” firmly as he mounted his horse and rode off.
The two women looked at each other as Elsie said, “What’s with him?”
“His pride,” Kate said, “He’s been like this since I’ve known him.”
“Are you married him?”
“Crazy, huh?” Kate said looking at her and had an idea, “Sallah,” looking at him, “can you and Fayah watch the children?”
“Yes, of course, but why?”
Kate ran inside and came back with a semi-automatic pistol. Elsie looked at her and said,
“Where are you going?”
“To follow him,” as she mounted the horse.
“I’m going to,” as Elsie climbed on the back.
“Here,” Kate said passing the gun to Elsie.
“What about you?”
“Never mind me,” as she kicked the horse, “I’ll protect myself.”
Elsie looked shocked and said, “You never appeared that way to me.”
Kate grinned and said, “I never do,” as they rode to the train station.

Indy arrived at the train station and ducked behind a pole. He noticed Omar going onto the train, unnoticed. Indy looked around and saw a man in military uniform, “Excuse me, sir, if you can help me,” as he walked the man behind the building.

Indy came back out wearing the other man’s uniform and caught the train as it was leaving. He sat in the compartment he was given and tried to think as the door opened and a man and woman appeared.
“Excuse me, sir,” said the woman in a French accent.
Indy looked up and said,
“Yes?”
The woman looked at the man, who smiled at her. The woman took off her hat and wig as the man pulled off his mustache and hat as Indy realized who they were. He groaned and said,
“Don’t you two listen? This is no place for either of you.”
“Look, Henry,” Kate said using his real name, “I don’t care if you think its’ best for us to stay with the children and wait around for you…”
“Henry?” Elsie said curiously.
Indy ignored the question and said, “Damn it, Kate. You know I don’t want to risk your life,” and then pointed at Elsie, “Or hers.”
“I can help you, Indy,” Elsie said, “Remember I know what Omar is planning.”
“Okay,” as he glared at Kate, “What’s your excuse?”
“Do I have to have one?” looking at him.
Indy started to say something as Kate said, “Listen, Indy. You’re not getting rid of me. You got that? We took a vow six years ago…till death do us part, remember? I don’t plan on dying just yet and neither do you.”
Indy looked at his wife in astonishment. She’s never acted this way before. , he thought. He looked at them and said, “At the first sight of trouble, you two are both coming back to Cairo.”
“That,” Kate said, “will never happen.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]