Pecards

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on September 08, 2000 at 10:19:59:

In Reply to: Wested stuff. posted by Cueball on September 08, 2000 at 05:59:40:

: : Hey Cueball, wassup?!! Your jacket's appearance sounds the same as my TOD Wested did when it came a couple of weeks ago. Mine was also pre-distressed cowhide. I now have 2 coats of Pecards on it and it looks pretty good. Alot better than it did anyway! I've also wondered about distressing the seams a little myself because the leather looks the same all over. But, as Sallah said to Indy at the Well Of Souls, "....You go first!" If you do, let me know how it turns out. Take care.

: Thanks for your input. At least I know that mine was mean to look like this. I believe the Pecards should do the trick and, after the second coat, I may try the sandpaper bit. I'd rather distress it naturally, but I think it needs some help on the seams and edges just to relieve it of some of that uniformity. Also, I don't live in a cool enough climate to be able to wear a jacket that often--at least not this time of year.

: Salutations.

: Cueball

You'll find that once your jacket finally "stabalizes" (sp?) with the dressing application, you'll have to do it every 3 months or so, depending on where you live, humidity, heat, etc. It's a never ending project. I know I do mine. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]