Flight Suits Leather Samples

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michigan Smith from spider-wi073.proxy.aol.com on September 26, 2000 at 20:59:28:

I got my requested leather swatch samples from Flight Suits yesterday. By far, the most impressive of the lot is the horsehide. It's thick, with a very smooth finish. This is what a "jacket" should be made of. The lambskin was, at least in my opinion, the least impressive. It is comparable in weight and feel to the new finish lambskin used in my Wested, although it is not as glossy. The lamb appears to have the dye deeper into it than my Wested does, which is already showing some wear on the cuffs after only about 2 months. The goatskin and cowhide are also very nice, but have a distinctive pebbled texture to them. I would highly recommend anyone thinking about or who has ordered Flight Suits jacket sight unseen call and request these samples to assist them in their decision. I certainly found it helpful to be able to handle them and see the coloring first hand. I also now have some material for further predistressing experiments! Now I'm even more anxious for that Horsehide A-2 I ordered from them last week to get here!
Respectfully Submitted, MI Smith

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]