Clarification...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on September 28, 2000 at 12:26:54:

In Reply to: Got my WESTED... posted by Shawnkara on September 28, 2000 at 03:16:46:

Glad to hear you are happy with your Wested! Since I’m refered to, I felt the need to clarify my position on some of the issues raised. Please don’t take offense, but I guess I’ve made it clear I’m a bit of a stickler. I just want to make sure my position is clearly represented, and not skewed either intentionally or unintentionally.

Your points, in order:

[Shawnkara] “I always wondered what everyone meant by the seams not lining up; it's the shoulder seams. They don't line up with those of the sleeves but since both sides match I don't think it's any big deal.”

[Patterson] The seams are the stress points, as one tailor pointed out to me. They dictate how a garment fits, drapes and functions. By not aligning the shoulder seams correctly across sizes, the bi-swing pleat cannot function properly.

[Shawnkara] “I heard someone mention that the bi-swing 'balloons' out below the shoulders when worn, rather than laying flat. Check the movie, I believe Harrison's did this as well.”

[Patterson] It did when he moved, but then it closed properly after. What makes the pleat operate properly is making the pleat deep enough, using the correct materials, and aligning the seams. The LC jacket did have this problem on screen, but it appears to be because the pleat is not very deep.

[Shawnkara] “Upon viewing the jacket in its pristine, undistressed finish I can certainly understand the reservations of Patterson and the guys regarding its authenticity. In my opinion it IS the same jacket worn by Harrison Ford, but in new condition the 'look' of Indy's jacket is lost in an incredibly deceptive way.”
[Shawnkara] “But I still get angry when some people accuse Peter of selling an inferior product. It's a very fine jacket. Remember, Peter is only selling a jacket made from the original pattern and the same materials. And there is a Hell of a lot more to Indy's jacket than that.”

[Patterson] I’ve had three Wested’s and taken them from pristine to distressed. Condition has nothing to do with my dispute as to its authenticity. Based on my examination of various versions Peter has offered over the years – Leather Concessionaires jackets up to the present – I do not believe he has the original patterns from Raiders of the Lost Ark and has only copied others’ attempts to recreate what he lost.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: