Fedora has a BLACK ribbon...I'm now convinced!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Spatsman from spider-mtc-tf061.proxy.aol.com on March 13, 2001 at 23:20:02:

Well, gang,
I have watched Raiders twice tonight now, with only one thing in mind. Let other, more devoted fans look for enlightening jacket shots, or fedora shape irregularities, I was looking at that hat ribbon! I must confess, after seeing the ribbon travel the various light conditions present from the waterfall, to the remains of Forrestal, to the temple interior, and then to Jock's trusty old plane, I am utterly convinced that the fedora ribbon, like so many from that time, is black. I've owned plenty of hats, most with black ribbons, and I know what even a thin layer of dust will do to the hue of a black ribbon. You dust over a black ribbon that is sitting on a fawn or medium brown colored hat, it will register as dark brown to the eye. However, I thoroughly believe that the ribbon is black. Therefore, my next fedora ribbon will be black. No dying the elusive Petersham for me, no sir!
I wonder how much account is given to dust, dirt and grime when trying to determine colors on items in these films?
Not that I'm baiting anyone, I'm just curious.
I don't believe lighting is an issue, as the ribbon is highly visible in a wide range of light variations and shadows.
Just thought I'd share my decision with you guys.
That's the way I see it.
~The Spatsman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: