I dunno...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.59.130.9) on Monday, October 08, 2001 at 2:07am :

In Reply to: You know what? They can have my guns... posted by thefumegator from Edialup169.slkc.uswest.net (216.160.253.169) on Sunday, October 07, 2001 at 11:28am :

...I'm from Canada, and gun control actually works. I've heard that this is also the same case in Japan. Perhaps American society isn't fit to have gun control used or used effectively so that innocent people don't get shot from jerks who got ahold of firearms way too easily (or from accident-related incidents too). Afterall, how did you guys get your freedom from Britain? By fighting, and what helped you guys win your freedom? Firearms of course. And how did Canada get their freedom from Britain? Well, by peaceful means, negotiating it out. I think that is probably the root cause as to why gun control seems to be working here, and why gun control seems to just anger gun-loving citizens in America and not be used to bring down the crime rate.

Ah well, I think I'll get out of this before I'm roped into a debate over statements like "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com