Hummm

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu (150.182.24.106) on Monday, October 08, 2001 at 5:36pm :

In Reply to: I dunno... posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.59.130.9) on Monday, October 08, 2001 at 2:07am :

As stated below, this is a no win "argument", and really doesn't get anyone anywhere with statements such as this one, or counter statements to the contrary. I would recommend to you, Brett, to do some research as to HOW your country got gun control, or to be more correct, how the government fooled the people by moving numbers around to their advantage, then correcting the numbers AFTER the government vote took place removing the people's right to own firearms was taken. Even the Canadian Prime Minister at the time said if he had known the figures were so askewed, he'd have ordered further investigations regarding the publication of the mis-information, but it was to late to change the vote. It's all a matter of public record (and not on a pro gun or NRA sponsored page, but can be found with just surfing the net for the information. That's how I found it.) You'll be amazed to find that your opinion is of the minority in your own country. But like most democratic countries, it's easier to place a bad law into position that it is to either correct or remove it, so you're stuck with what you have. You may as well make the best of it and show us a game face, because you're stuck with a bad law, and the Canadian's know it but can't get it back off the books. It's a matter of record. That's all we're trying to do....to keep the U.S. government from trying to pull the same game plan with the American public. Statistics can be either a wonder, or a tool for destruction. It's all in how you present the information. Regards. Michaelson

: ...I'm from Canada, and gun control actually works. I've heard that this is also the same case in Japan. Perhaps American society isn't fit to have gun control used or used effectively so that innocent people don't get shot from jerks who got ahold of firearms way too easily (or from accident-related incidents too). Afterall, how did you guys get your freedom from Britain? By fighting, and what helped you guys win your freedom? Firearms of course. And how did Canada get their freedom from Britain? Well, by peaceful means, negotiating it out. I think that is probably the root cause as to why gun control seems to be working here, and why gun control seems to just anger gun-loving citizens in America and not be used to bring down the crime rate.

: Ah well, I think I'll get out of this before I'm roped into a debate over statements like "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com