No problem...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on January 04, 2001 at 14:37:32:

In Reply to: Not to sound like smart ass, but.... posted by Austin Powers on January 04, 2001 at 14:06:28:

: I hear what you're saying about the panel being sized proportionally, but I think they went a little too far. Meaning if I believe that the seams on Indy's jacket were about 3" apart(consult the video), and the Expedition on Flight Suits' website has seams that appear to be about 5 or 6" apart, then that would mean that the coat on the website is designed for a man with a torso nearly double Ford's in length?

: I don't fully understand this "Ford has a short torso" theory. I know we're not all built EXACTLY like Ford, but we can't all be THAT different. I mean I'm 5'10", and Ford's what, about 6', 6'1"? We shouldn't have jackets that look totally different. I mean it's not like I'm Webster. I think there might be too much thought put into Ford's physique making the movie jackets look different than ours. Let's face it, Ford(at least in "Raiders") was a pretty normal guy. He's not insanely tall, he's not built like Swarzenegger. He's an average guy, just like most of us.

: So why would the back panels differ so drastically? Shouldn't the seams all be within about an inch either way of the 3" movie jacket? So let's say a guy who's 5'5" orders a jacket, his seams should be about 2 or 2.5" apart. A guy who's 6'4" orders one and his seams are about 4" apart. Now unless the jacket on Flight Suits' website was designed to Shaq, I think the panel's too big.

: Just my opinion,
: Austin Powers

Well, the height on the original was in fact 4.25 inches fron bas of collar to seam for a size 40. My Expedition in a 48 Long is 5 inches.

Also, look at where Ford's waistline is in relation to his hands. The guy has a short torso, long legs and long arms. He can wear a longer coat and still get the sleeve longer than the hemline.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: