From my padded cell in the asylum…

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.103.106) on Monday, October 01, 2001 at 6:11pm :

MK and I grabbed a few pints of Guinness on Friday. We chewed the fat for a couple hours – it was a nice way to decompress after a long week. We talked about gear for a bit, but other than a few things, it really was a rehash of stuff we’d covered a million times before. The sad thing is, there really is not much to talk about that is new here. The best part of the conversation didn’t have squat to do with 3 movies shot 2 decades ago. Family, work, growing-up, news, politics – these things were the meat of the conversation. NIM? I cannot tell the difference anymore…

I’m personally tired of gear. I just added the last 2 pieces I have really ever wanted to have in a collection – a truly awesome Cairo fedora and a DM. I have no plan to buy anything else – there really isn’t anything left to buy. I don’t mind answering questions about gear, but really I have no desire to find any more answers. The battles have been fought, it seems, and that dog doesn’t hunt any more…

I actually do have a point here. I read the exchange between Shawnkara and MK. If I did not know it was Shankara, I’d have figured it was Jay or Budarc. I’d have discounted them as just being the jerks I always figured they were. But I’ve conversed with Shawnkara, and that does not fit with my impression of him. I have to ask myself if I’m being the jerk I’ve accused them of being.

Any text-based method of communication has an inherent problem. So many of the most important parts of communication are absent – tone, cadence, body language, etc. It is too easy to miss subtle points of humor and to mistake the emotion behind the words. My wife tells me I do it all the time, and I know she is right.

I apologize if my endless droning about the wonders of veg tanned leather has bored anybody. If you got a laugh out of it, then at least it did that much good. I am concerned that I may have been guilty of the very things I’ve accused others of. That really bugs me…

Shawnkara – MK’s not uptight.

MK – Shawnkara’s really an alright guy.

All - I’m afraid that I may be a bit of a jerk at times. My apologies…

Man, I really could use another Guinness…

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com