New Policy - No Jerks

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 at 11:32am :

I was away for a while and when I returned the few threads that had been posted were filled with snide comments and were generally intended to annoy. In the past, I have largely been tolerant unless things got very personal and vitriolic. Subtle mosquito-like buzzing was generally not considered grounds for expulsion, but after a few years of said "buzzing" my patience has run out. So, folks, talk about Indy and keep your politics and personal grievances to yourself. Examples of jerkiness include, replying to a post simply to mock someone's spelling ability, mocking someone's particular brand of Indy fandom, and so on.

In a year or two, with Indy IV looming closer, I foresee a resurgence in Indy fandom. I don't want the first impression to be of a bickering group of bitter individuals.

Don't misunderstand me. Ontopic arguments are not discouraged. If you hate Last Crusade (BTW, I don't) feel free to say so. Just don't get personal. As long as the subject is Indy, he has a tough skin and can take it.

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com