Whatever.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.179.250.212) on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 11:44pm :

In Reply to: Do you prefer obvious toy models and miniature photography? posted by Forrestal from 66-106-175-34.customer.algx.net (66.106.175.34) on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 4:35pm :

I know what your intentions are: a CGI Harrison Ford. Don't try to hide from it!

: CGI is just another tool that can be used just as creatively as traditional special effects. Saying otherwise shows inflexibility and even ignorance. I'm not saying that all CGI is great, but neither is all miniature photography or conventional special effects make-up. The use of CGI frees animators from the limitations of conventional effects. It just depends on how it's used. Indy could very well profit from Lucas being at the forefront of the digital revolution. I never suggested that Indy 4 should become an abysmal digital crap-feast like The Matrix or Final Fantasy. And don't forget that Indy already made use of digital effects. LC had the Zeppelin, the Messerschmitt-wannabe Pilatus, and Donovan's mummy head done in digital. So don't get your panties in a twist now. ;)

: -Forrey

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com