Northy could be right

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jones from dialup-18.vegas.net on June 06, 1998 at 07:19:43:

In Reply to: Vanishing "Old Indy" scenes posted by The Northlander on June 05, 1998 at 21:30:34:

: : Here's another thought. According to the revised version of 'George Lucas: The Creative Impulse', there are details of the forthcoming Indy Young Chronicles videos. And the bookends of the old Indy seem to have vanished (the actor playing the old Indy isn't on the cast list.)

: : Is this is preperation for something Lucas has got planned for Indy?...

: : Phil.

: I think it might be more likely that many people didn't like the idea of seeing the Old Indy, so Lucas removed him.

: -Northy-

I agree. I saw the very first episode and I was wondering why Indy got so old. He did drink from the holy grail, and remember one of the last parts of the legend Donovan told Indy about the 3 brothers that found the grail, only having Indy finish the story for him: "I've heard this one too. Two of these brothers walk out of the desert, 150 YEARS after having found the grail and began the journey back to France." The old Indy in the Chronicles looks like he might be 150 years old and fall apart at any moment. If it is Indy in the 90's, he should look like the older Harrison Ford of today, giving the impression that he was aging slower, just like the knights. We would like to see Indiana Jones as a younger man.

Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]